Monday, April 20, 2009

Soon-To-Be Mrs. Troy Stinson!

Troy proposed to me the night before Easter! I was so excited! We have been talking about getting married for some time and he finally popped the question! He put the ring in a "Golden Prize Egg" and kept on at me to put something in it. I was in the middle of cooking casseroles for Easter dinner, but paused to do it for him. When I opened it, there was the ring! I just jumped up and hugged him and he asked me!

I am so happy to be marrying this wonderful man. I couldn't ask for anyone better! He is sweet, caring, and hard-working and I love him so much! I have NO doubts that this marriage will last forever. We have never even had a fight! Now we have disagreed, but we always talk things out and both realize that we are our own individuals and can't change (or want to change) each other. I honestly have never been happier.

We decided to go to Las Vegas to get married! Whoo hoo! I am so excited, too. We are going June 7-10 and will be married on June 8. Maybe we'll get Elvis to marry us. I don't care, I just can't wait to be his wife!

Here is a blurry picture of my ring. He got me exactly what I wanted! He actually asked me about six months ago what kind of ring I would like and I told him that I wanted one exactly like the Tiffany's Classic six-prong solitaire. He did a great job. I love it!


3 comments:

Casey said...

Congratulations! I know you must be excited!

Cary Hatcher said...

Congratulations, Shera! I know this one is going to "stick" and pray you'll both be very happy -- ever after!

The Ealum's said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!! Your ring looks like mine!! I love the simple!! Vegas will be fun. I went in November for the first time!!! Congrats!