Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gatlinburg Trip




No, we didn't elope! That seemed to be everyone's question! We just had a nice, relaxing, romantic trip! No more exclamation marks for a while. We left at 6:30 Saturday morning and I slumbered until about 9:30! I was so tired from the game the night before (which was in Demopolis). Then I read my Twilight book (which you HAVE to read). And Troy continued to drive!


When we finally got there we went to our adorable cabin and unpacked, walked around outside and then drove on in to Gatlinburg. We went in a bunch of cute little shops and I don't know why I didn't even buy anything. But I should have. Then we went in a little coffee shop and I got some yummy Mocha Latte and Troy had some awesome apple cider. Downtown Gatlinburg is so cute. We just looked around everywhere.

Then we went back to the cabin and relaxed in the hottub with a glass of wine. It was so nice to be looking out over the mountain in the quiet coziness of our own hottub with nothing around! Then I wanted to get in the cute lil' claw foot tub and read so I did, and did, and did. I'm telling you I couldn't put that book down!


Sunday we drove to Cade's Cove, which is a national park in the Smokies. It's a one-way little road 11 miles long that has old cabins, churches, and lots of wildlife. We saw deer and turkeys but no bears :( We had packed a picnic lunch of pimento & cheese and turkey sammies and ate on top of a gently-rolling hill. hee hee Then we went back to our cabin and grilled steak and sweet potatoes and got in the hottub some more and then we snuggled!

It was a wonderful trip and we didn't do a whole lot but relax which is what we both wanted! Oh yea, and I got up every morning and cooked an awesome breakfast complete with bacon, eggs, grits, and blueberry/strawberry muffins and we drank coffee outside on the deck. Sorry, Casey. I only included one link.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Cool, looks like y'all had a great trip!

Z.H. Striplin said...

Glad you guys had fun! It looks really pretty there!