Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Nursery!

Looks cuter with the pool-blue walls


Just ordered bedding and fabric for our nursery! I couldn't wait to decorate for a baby girl. I love pink, but didn't want it to look like Pepto Bismol. And I still want it to look babyish. After looking online at a million bedding sets and fabrics, I found one with the sweet colors I want!

I ordered the bumper and crib skirt, but I am going to make the rest. I ordered the Love Birds fabric, Love Birds Damask, Pink Circles and will buy some Minky dot in pink later. Carousel Designs is the maker of the bedding and it is so precious! Guess I need to learn how to sew. I also found some pink, blue, and green seersucker fabric downtown that I'll use. I almost went with the Sophie collection from Pottery Barn Kids, but changed my mind because I couldn't order the fabric to go with it and I wanted to make the drapes, chair covers, other stuff.

The website won't let me save big pictures of it (weird, only saves a snippet of picture), but here are the small ones!

I ordered the bumper and crib skirt:
I will attempt to make the blanket, comforter, and drapes! Maybe with my leftover fabric I'll cover a lamp shade. Troy's mom will help me sew these! I know how to make a ruffle and the rest seems pretty easy. ;)

Comforter:

Blanket:


Drapes:


What do you think? Now I need a crib...

2 comments:

Angela said...

Very cute!

Aren't there some hideous crib sets out there!?!? It took me forever to find EK's for her room.

Christy said...

I Love it! Its perfect!