Monday, December 15, 2008

Gingerbread Cookies!

I actually made some cute Gingerbread cookies Sunday night for my students. They were SO easy. I just bought the Betty Crocker Gingerbread mix so all I had to do was add butter and a tablespoon of water and mix! My kind of baking! Now, the one thing they don't really tell you is that you need a lot of flour on the workspace or else the cookies will stick to your surface (it says to use sparingly, but that didn't work). I used a glass as a rolling pin and a gingerbread boy cookie cutter. Then I popped them in the oven for about 10 minutes!
Next I put a little icing outline on them. If I had of thought about it earlier, they would have been cuter, but I just didn't have time. Here's a little tip: if you just buy the vanilla icing in a can, you can scoop some out into a Ziploc, squish it all to one bottom corner, seal and snip off a little corner. Then you can squeeze out the icing in any shape, lines, etc. You can also add food coloring if you need other colors instead of buying all different flavors. (I also do this when making Deviled Eggs--put all of the yolks and good stuff into a big Ziploc, smash it up with my fingers, then cut off the bottom corner and squeeze it back into the whites). There's Martha for ya...

I made them because we made a Gingerbread Graph showing what part we ate first (math). It was fun and turned out cute! I enjoyed my Christmas cookie baking and plan on getting Tristen over here to make some more with me (if he wants) next week!


And here are my students on board to listen to The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg. I had to stamp their boarding ticket before they could "ride." We also learned cool facts about the North Pole (Arctic region) and documented them here in our podcast:

http://parmer.bce.schoolinsites.com/?PageName=TeacherPage&Page='DocumentsCategory'&CategoryID=16262&iSection=Teachers&CorrespondingID=36967

I finally got my tree finished last week. My camera doesn't have a flash, though, so you can't really see it!


2 comments:

Christy said...

Sherra! I didn't know you were a Bloggie- :) I'm glad you are on here... I try to post something on mine every week- I linked your page to mine. HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS! Love, Christy

Christy said...

Ooopss!--- I meant SHERA!